The Singing Torah is a startup software development company located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Its educational software enables B’nei Mitzvah students to continue individual learning between lessons with their cantor or rabbi. The software serves pulpit cantors by helping both gifted and challenged children, who wish to delve deeper or need more time to learn successfully. Singing Torah software enables students to select specific words to hear repeatedly, or to learn by trope families, or to learn words selected according to trope families from the voice of their synagogue’s cantor. Singing Torah software can preserve the diversity of practice by enabling teaching with the natural and familiar voice of the child’s cantor, using patented technology in speech recognition in cantillated Biblical Hebrew.
We are seeking a Business Development and Sales Representative to sell and market Singing Torah software to synagogues by engaging with pulpit cantors, rabbis, synagogue donors, and other synagogue leaders. In addition, the Representative will be responsible for presenting the software and its benefits to stakeholders within the synagogue community and Jewish family foundations. The Representative will learn how a variety of synagogues operate within the Jewish community, what challenges they face, and how the Singing Torah software can help them.
We are looking for an exceptional Business Development Representative who can reach and engage leading synagogues and Jewish Temples to excite them about the Singing Torah software. This is a highly valued, fast-paced, goal-oriented role created to accelerate our sales efforts. The position is a meaningful starting point for career growth and advancement within the Company and our growing sales team.
The role is based in Cambridge, MA the ability to make cold calls and the use of social media to search for prospects and close sales. The ideal candidate will have excellent time management and organizational skills and be willing to travel to meet with prospective customers at their locations
- Conducting high volume prospecting (~50 – 60 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media.
- Developing and implementing and managing appropriate sales strategies.
- Working with the technical staff to demonstrate the software to prospective customers.
- Scheduling introductory meetings with prospective synagogue assessing the potential for partnership.
- Acquiring new customers and qualifying and booking leads for the sales team.
- Learning how synagogues currently manage Bar/Bat Mitzvah preparation and sharing the Singing Torah software value proposition to create interest and build momentum.
- Contributing to periodic updates and sales forecasts.
- Developing new approaches to increase meetings and overall sales opportunities.
- Leading sales efforts to grow pipeline through phone and email prospecting.
- Researching target customers and customize template outreach messages.
Qualifications. Because the patented Singing Torah software is unique, we are open to considering qualified and talented people from a wide variety of personal, educational backgrounds and level of experience. Our ideal candidate will:
- Take the initiative and responsibility for forming the function, learning the product and customer and their career growth.
- Seek to make a significant contribution to the success of the Company.
- Have at least 2 years of B2B Business Development experience
- Possess strong prospecting skills (both verbal and written)
- Be highly motivated and energetic
- Be a self-starter with strong communications skills
- Have outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Be ready to make a commitment and be dependable
- Have a passion for, a strong understanding of, or an aptitude to learn about the Jewish synagogues
- Startup experience is a plus although not required
- Not need to know Hebrew or Hebrew chanting, but such language experience is helpful.
We’re committed to building better communities and value our team tremendously. We provide:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and accomplishments
- Commission to align your incentives with ours
- Flexible work schedule (we aim to accommodate your schedule & Jewish holidays)
- Equity in a fast-paced company may be included in the offer
Please send today your resume and a cover letter to careers@SingingTorah.com specifying how many hours per week you are available, the business development role you seek and why, what you will contribute, and what experiences you hope to gain from the position.